H1 Healthcare's Nationwide Client, is a vibrant and leading Organisation based throughout the UK and are seeking an experienced Registered General Nurse to join them within their Edinburgh Team on a permanent basis. This role offers an excellent salary and full-time hours each week. The successful candidate will be a massive asset within the Centre whilst providing expertise within the running of the daily operations.
And here's why you'll love it:
- The successful candidate will lead the surgery team in terms of providing expertise in all aspects of patient management including asepsis; decontamination; record keeping; medicines management; safeguarding; incident reporting and investigating; mentoring of non qualified and/or newly appointed staff
- Undertake a practical role during the surgical day including admissions nurse; scrub assistant; discharge patients with after-care advice and medications; assist within the anaesthetic room; prepare the patient for their laser/Intra Ocular Lens (IOL) treatment and undertake pre-screening diagnostic duties
The successful candidate will have as a minimum:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- NMC Registration is essential
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Great attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues
- Ophthalmic and teaching qualifications are desirable but not essential
About H1 Healthcare
H1 Healthcare provides recruitment, staffing, training and homecare solutions to clients within the Health, Social Care and Housing sector throughout the UK.
We help health and care providers maintain staffing levels, with specialist recruitment projects at home and overseas and with tailored workforce solutions, to make sure that they can focus on providing great patient care. Our expert consultants work with clients and H1 Healthcare professionals to provide last minute staffing, intelligent workforce solutions and permanent recruitment in the UK and Australia.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Tel: 0141 212 8513