Our client is looking for a Staff Nurse to join and enhance their team of healthcare professionals. Do you have what it takes to make a real difference to patients and their families lives?
Job Title: Staff Nurse / Enrolled Nurse
Responsible to: Manager/ Depute Manager
Overall Job Specification: Must be nurse registered with the NMC. To care for residents in the home in accordance with best practice, ensuring at all times residents and visitors are treated courteously and with the highest respect.
To assist the manager in management and development of the care home and to further promote equal opportunities, good practice and high standards of care in accordance with policy. The Staff Nurse / Enrolled Nurse will also be required: -
1. To become involved in the supervision and development of the service in line with the SSSC and Care Inspectorate guidelines.
2. To be fully aware of the home policies and procedures and participate in the development of same.
3. To put into practice the homes health and safety policies and support equal opportunities policies and maintain the values and aims of the home.
4. To supervise and participate in the assessing, planning implementation and auditing of care, including assessment of moving and assisting, pressure area care, wound and infection control and promotion of continence.
5. To maintain accurate records in line with the NMC code of practice.
6. To attend approved training courses in order to update knowledge and skills as required.
7. To supervise, support and motivate all staff and provide an example of positive working practice.
8. To teach and lead by example by promoting best practice and delegate appropriately.
9. To be a good clear communicator, promote teamwork amongst staff, and share any relevant information to fellow staff and management.
10. To arrange reviews and ensure that residents and their families are kept informed of any relevant information.
11. To ensure at all times priority is given to the needs and safety of all residents within the home and to allocate staff and other resources in the home to ensure the same are met.
12. To manage and assess incontinence within the home.
13. To order, review and monitor the process of administering resident's medication.
14. To take overall responsibility and be accountable for all aspects of the care home including residents and staff in the absence of the manager/ depute manager.
15. To participate in the disciplinary procedure of staff when appropriate.
16. To comply with the resident's charter of rights as laid out in the resident's contract and brochure.
17. To work flexible hours in response to the needs of residents using the service.
18. To participate in team meetings.
19. To be involved in the interview process of potential new staff. Participate in the introduction and orientation of new members of staff and ensure all appropriate information is shared.
20. Undertake supervision on a 12 weekly basis.
21. To undertake other duties as determined by the manager.