Our client is looking for a Team Leader to join and enhance their team of healthcare professionals. Do you have what it takes to make a real difference to patients and their families lives?
Job Title: Team Leader
Responsible to: Staff Nurse / Sister / Depute Manager
Overall Job Specification: Must be SVQ 3 trained and registered with SSSC, and have completed the medication module SVQ level 3. It would be desirable to have a qualification in First Aid. To care for residents in the home in accordance with best practice, ensuring at all times residents and visitors are treated courteously and with the highest respect. Must have at least two years' experience in care of the elderly and be prepared to undertake an SVQ level 4 course in management.
To promote equal opportunities, good practice and high standards of care in accordance with care home policy. The Team Leader will also be required: -
1. To become involved in the supervision and development of the service in line with SSSC and Care Inspectorate guidelines
2. To be fully aware of the home policies and procedures and participate in the development of same and maintain confidentiality at all times.
3. To put into practice the homes health and safety policies and lead by example promoting best practice and delegate where appropriate according to the skill set. To support equal opportunities policies and sustain the values and aims of the home.
4. To supervise and participate in the assessing, planning implementation and auditing of care, including assessment of moving and assisting, pressure area care, wound and infection control and promotion of continence. To work alongside staff in order to provide guidance, consistency and support in their work with residents and encourage positive attitudes at all times.
5. To maintain accurate records in line with SSSC Codes of Practice.
6. To attend approved training courses in order to update knowledge and skills as required.
7. To supervise, support and motivate Care staff and work alongside care team and provide an example of positive working practice.
8. To be a good clear communicator, promote teamwork amongst staff, and share any relevant information to fellow staff and management.
9. To arrange reviews and ensure that residents and their families are kept informed of any relevant information.
10. To ensure at all times priority is given to the needs and safety of all residents within the home and to allocate staff and other resources in the home to ensure the same are met.
11. To manage and assess incontinence within the home.
12. To administer resident's medication.
13. To participate in the disciplinary procedure of staff when appropriate.
14. To comply with the resident's charter of rights as laid out in the resident's contract and brochure.
15. To work flexible hours in response to the needs of residents using the service.
16. To participate in team meetings.
17. To be involved in the interview process of potential new staff. Participate in the introduction and orientation of new members of staff and ensure all appropriate information is shared.
18. Undertake supervision on a 12 weekly basis.
19. To undertake other duties as determined by the manager.