Modern Slavery Policy
Modern Slavery Statement 2019
As an inclusive employment business and employment agency, predominantly sourcing and supplying qualified Nursing and experienced Care staff for Healthcare organisations within both the Private and Public sectors in the UK, H1 Healthcare recognises its responsibility to ensure that modern slavery and human trafficking are not taking place in any part of its group businesses or supply chains.
All temporary staff who register for work with H1 Healthcare Group companies are interviewed personally by a member of our Resourcing and Compliance Team, who primary function is to establish each candidate’s credentials for the work under discussion including documentary authentication of their identity and right to work in the UK. These documents are inspected, photocopied and where appropriate, further ratified using relevant Government Agencies.
As workers and prospective employees are directly sourced by H1 Healthcare, our link in any supply chain is that of Supplier. Any supply chain into H1 Healthcare and its group companies therefore should be considered incidental, as they will take the form of suppliers of office consumables for example.
Our Policy on Slavery and Human Trafficking
H1 Healthcare Group is committed to ensuring we take all reasonable steps to prevent modern slavery or human trafficking within our businesses. We are aware that Hidden Labour Exploitation and Unethical Trading behaviours exist and we are committed to acting with integrity, in protection of the interests of our employees and indeed, of our brand reputation, by ensuring our systems and controls are effective in identifying any potential risks, in relation to modern slavery and human trafficking.
• Our contracts with clients reflect our principles of removing any possibility of Unethical Trading and Tackling Hidden Labour Exploitation.
• All prospective workers are interviewed in person, using questions specifically designed to try and establish whether they are subject to any form of modern slavery.
• Payment of wages to all our employees is made only bank accounts in their own names (individual or joint). We have systems in place to monitor duplicate occurrences of bank accounts and multiple uses of the same home address so that we can investigate any concerns.
• All staff responsible for recruiting and sourcing workers are trained and required to sign up to a set of Recruiter Compliance principles that govern their methods of recruiting new staff.
• Any concerns our staff may have in relation to modern slavery are encouraged to be made in the strictest confidence to H1 Healthcare’s Group Managing Director and or to our Lead Nurse.
• H1 Healthcare carries out periodic internal audits of our group offices and systems to ensure that our high standards, policies and practices are being met. We are also subject to numerous client and independent audits that include interviews with randomly selected workers that help us to detect any issues in relation to modern slavery.
• Where H1 Healthcare has supplier agreements in place for office supplies and sundries, we utilise trusted local companies with whom we have long standing relationships, wherever possible.
All workers joining H1 Healthcare, whether to work in our group offices or on client sites are provided with an induction that includes information on sources of help should they, or their colleagues/friends be concerned about modern slavery.
All staff who are responsible for recruiting workers receive additional training in relation to our Recruiter Principles and subscribe to our strict code of practice.
On an ongoing basis, responsibility lies with Senior Managers to ensure that training and our understanding of the issues involved in modern slavery are kept up to date.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes H1 Healthcare Group’s statement on Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking for the financial year 2018/19.
Reg office: Tay House 300 Bath Street Glasgow G2 4JR | T: 0845 643 2610 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | W: www.h1healthcare.com